niedziela, 3 grudnia 2023

Fortress of the Pearl

Gloomy, quiet and lonely
As usual, you know
I’m painting the summer of ‘72
In sparkling midwinter snow
I’m looking at another landscape
Suspended in eternity
And as young lovers on the bench in the park
I can see you and me
When we were in love and free
But that was a different reality
Suspended in eternity
It ain’t really you
It ain’t really me

The towers of misery
Have clouded my life and the sun
I tried to get so high
But I landed right back underground
The only place for me to find
Some peace of mind
In the underground
My lovely underground
We ain’t around, not anymore
No we ain’t around

I tried to paint the summer of ‘72
I tried to paint its colors true
But sitting lifeless in front of bleak paper
Is all that I can do
It seems my landscape is overshadowed
With visions, mirages and flames
The only thing that I could paint now
Would be the Fortress of the Pearl
But who cares?
Who really cares?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz